My previous post was about my sleeping problem. Thanks to imagenn for suggesting to watch a movie before going to sleep so my eyes get tired. It actually worked! I also did a little research on how to get a good sleep. Below are some advice from National Sleep Organization, a non profit organization that supports public education on healthy sleep and talks about sleep deprivation.
If you’re having some difficulty falling asleep,you might want to try these;
1. Stick to a sleep schedule of the same bedtime and wake up time, even on the weekends. This helps to regulate your body’s clock and could help you fall asleep and stay asleep for the night.
2. Practice a relaxing bedtime ritual . A relaxing, routine activity right before bedtime conducted away from bright lights helps separate your sleep time from activities that can cause excitement, stress or anxiety which can make it more difficult to fall asleep, get sound and deep sleep or remain asleep.
3. If you have trouble sleeping, avoid naps, especially in the afternoon. Power napping may help you get through the day , but if you find that you can’t fall asleep at bedtime, eliminating even short catnaps may help.Exercise daily. Vigorous exercise is best, but even light exercise is better than no activity. Exercise at any time of day, but not at the expense of your sleep.
4. Evaluate your room . Design your sleep environment to establish the conditions you need for sleep. Your bedroom should be cool.
5. Sleep on comfortable mattress and pillow.
6. Avoid alcohol,cigarettes and heavy meals in the evening. Caffeine can also disrupt your sleep.
7. Wind down. Your body needs time to shift into sleep mode.
8. If you can’t sleep, go to another room and do something relaxing until you find yourself sleepy.
Sleeping is important because it affects our health. We cannot function well if we deprive ourselves with a good sleep. I also read about drinking a glass of warm milk helps you relax and feel sleepy. Reading a book can make you feel.it, too. You can stop overthinking and empty your mind and close your eyes until you finally slip into the Dreamland. I hope his blog helps 🙂 Now,I feel sleepy. Goodnight.