Last Thursday, August 11, I attended my first ever blogging seminar entitled Blogging 101 facilitated by Engr. Grace Bondad Nicolas held at TAG Media & PR Office, 26A Rufino Tower Ayala Ave. Makati City.
Along with 7 fellow bloggers, we have learned about digital marketing using blogs/our websites and how we can make our own branding. If you want to catch a company’s attention, here’s what you have to do;
1. have a website- most companies prefer those who have their own domain
2. establish your social media presence- got Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts? Consider Snapchat,too!
3. advertise online- pay 50,000php to have a Facebook sponsored post and earn 600,000php in return (Zoomanity for example)
We also came across Social Media Do’s and Don’ts and according to Miss Grace, here are few things to be mindful of;
1. Do not post your problem on Facebook (you won’t get genuine sympathy online. Your true friends can be found OFFLINE)
2. Don’t engage with bashers (let the issue die naturally because of your silence)
3. Focus on your niche (I was enlightened that by my blog name and my advocacy, I should really focus on being a mommy blogger)
4. If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything (have a goal,have an advocacy)
5. What you can’t say offline, don’t say it online ( if you don’t have anything good to say, better be silent)
Bloggers Etiquette and Content Creation were also covered. As for our activity, aside from Q & A with our speaker, we were given a task to write about what happened in the event. Let our creative juices flow!
This event is for bloggers, both new and have been active in the blogosphere for quite some time, to know more about digital marketing and how they can monetize their blog while still promoting their advocacy. Miss Grace inspired us continue our passion. Everything will follow if you continue doing what you love. She spoke based on her humble beginnings until TAG Media became one of the biggest companies in Public Relations Industry. In this modern day where 20% of the world’s 7billion population is into Social Media, you sure can earn and learn in Digital Marketing. If you want to be part of this fun and informative event, you may email Miss Grace at email@example.com.
Here are some of the moments during our seminar:
I’ve found new friends, too! Please check out their awesome websites and follow them:
I hope to attend more of this kind of event to gain enough knowledge and build network. I am inspired to continue my passion which is writing and now I can take it to the next level! It’d be a great help in pursuing my plans of becoming a work-at-home mom which I will work on very very soon 🙂