It’s always a pleasure to receive an award from other bloggers, thank you for remembering Nocturnal Mom Talks. The award becomes more special when it is from my kababayan. Mabuhay! Thank you, eyeseesomething for the Mystery Blogger Award and Thea and Aubrey for Versatile, Unique Blogger and One Lovely Blog Awards! Click their names to visit their awesome blog sites!
WHAT IS MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD? “Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
Here are the rules for the Mystery Blogger Award:
* Put the award logo/image on your blog
* List the rules
* Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
* Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
* Tell readers 3 things about yourself
* Answer the questions provided
* You have to nominate 10-20 people
* Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
* Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)Share and link to your best post.
Here are my answers to eyesee’s questions:
1. If your were to choose one: Makeup, Skincare or Fashion? And why?
– Can I choose two? Skincare and fashion because I am left-handed so I am not good at putting make-up on my face. I think factor talaga yan for me. Skincare because I don’t have the money for botox (haha!) and fashion because I love dresses and shoes 🙂
2. What 2017 skincare trend would you like to try?
– Korean skincare products. I am using iWhite cleanser and moisturizer but I would like to try items from Althea and other Korean brands I see on Facebook and from other bloggers.
3. If you had to live in a place for the rest of your life, where would it be?
– Would you believe that my answer is our home? Our dream home to be exact. We are renting an apartment and me and my husband are saving money so we can buy our own tiny house. That place would be filled with happy memories so spending the rest of my life there is not a problem 🙂
4. If you won the lottery, what would you first do with it?
– OMG , buy our dream house! Hahaha!
5. What Game of Thrones character do you want to live? For the remaining head of thrones. (If you watch the series if not, What is your favorite show?)
– Hala, I don’t watch GOT 😦 My favorite shows are Korean series hihi.
The Unique Blogger Award
* Kindly thank the person who nominated you!
* Answer the 3 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
* Nominate 8-13 bloggers for this award!
* Ask the people you nominated 3 questions.
The Versatile Blogger Award & One Lovely Blogger Award
* Thank the person who nominated you!
* Share 7 facts about yourself.
* Nominate 10 other bloggers of your choice.
* Link your nominees and let them know you nominated them!
Thea’s questions and my answers:
1. What is your advice for someone who had a friendship break-up?
– There’s a good in goodbye. There are people who do not deserve to be part of your life. Friendship just like a relationship, should bring you joy and security. If it’s full of pressure and stress, better to get out of it. Just remember that you will cross paths in the future and by that time, though some wounds might still hurt and the closeness isn’t there anymore, you always have a choice to forgive. Through forgiveness, you are doing yourself a favor by being free from negativity and pain. It is easier said than done but it is possible 🙂
2. Are there any regrets you have? What are those?
– As much as I want to live a no regrets life, there are some decisions I wish I did not have to make or acts I should not have done- not spending so much time with my Dad, trusting the wrong people, not being able to manage our finances well on the first 5 years of my employment and more.
3. What is the most memorable and proudest moment you have in your life?
– Mababaw lang ang kaligayahan ko so marami itong moments na ito! Mga favorite ko includes giving birth at 17 years old (via normal delivery), graduating from college while being a working mom, my daughter’s achievements, my husband’s transformation (uod sya dati, charot! A huge improvement on his being a father and husband when our baby boy joined our family),
developing people and seeing them get promoted, Baler and Zambales escapades, nocturnalmomtalks blog at marami pa talagang iba! Haha!
Aubrey’s questions and my answers:
1. What is your craziest but happiest childhood memory?
– Marami! Bata pa lang ako, crazy na ako haha! Yung iba hindi happy moments eh. Magtinda ng bibingka at candies, mahulihan ng love letter ng parents at the age of 10, mapagalitan ng parents nung grade 3 dahil ang dami kong natanggap na gifts nung Valentine’s Day, maligo sa baha (yes, baha!) tumakas sa parents para magrent ng bike sa malayo, magpasabunot sa kapitbahay namin (parang initiation sa frat, kailangan daw akong sabunutan para bati kami haha! Well hindi yan masaya pero baliw ako dyan) manghula ng sagot sa MTAP district contest (sorry, Ma’am!) maligo with my bestfriend, mandaya sa kalog ng paper doll and lego, sumali sa dance contest sa mga barangay, kausapin ang sarili sa harap ng salamin, at marami pa talaga haha! Baka hindi na ako irespeto ng iba kapag nabasa nila :p
2. When was the last time you had a good laugh?
– Yesterday when I watched Ate and Zady’s video of “product review gone wrong” Tinanong tuloy ng mga kasama namin sa ride bakit kami tumatawang magasawa!
3. What was the meanest thing a person has done to you?
– Marami haha! But I think ito yung mapagtripan ng mga dating kasama sa group (alam mo yan) haha! Thank you Lord talaga at nauntog ako :p And yung malaman ko na yung isang friend (or feeling ko kasi friend ko na sya noon hehe) lied to me. Kalurks yon kasi yung truth ay pinost nya sa Facebook so dun ko nalaman na nagsinungaling sya e ang simple lang naman ng tanong ko and concerned kasi ako sa kanya. Anyway, napatawad ko na sila matagal na. Ayaw kong pumangit sa galit hehe.
A total of 10 facts about me:
1. I got pregnant when I was 17 years old and gave birth to my daughter via normal delivery. IT. WAS. PAINFUL. I endured labor pains for almost 20 hours. When I heard my baby’s cry, I told myself, “eto na talaga, nanay na ako!”
2. Books are my first love. I learned how to read when I was in preschool and I remember borrowing my Ate’s books. Reading gives me peace of mind. I don’t read a lot of books anymore but I was able to finish one recently- The Fiends, a thriller novel which I hauled from Book Sale.
3. Whenever I ask other people about their first impression on me, the usual responses that I get are “masungit!” “Mataray!” “Maldita!” “Nakakatakot!”
Hahaha! Sanay na ako because when they get to know me, sinasabi nila na akala lang pala nila na ganyan ako 🙂 P.S. Mukha lang talaga akong mataray pero maldita ako ng very light depende sa sitwasyon at tao :p
4. I eat a lot on restdays.
5. Before I learned that I was pregnant with our baby boy, I took pregnancy test three times since my period was delayed for a month but the result was always negative.
On December 4, 2013, a baby appeared in my dream and the next day, my pregnancy test kit showed two lines. I just exclaimed, “oh my God!” 🙂
6. I would love to: get a part-time home-based job, get a Master’s degree, buy an oven so I can bake weekly, make bento baon for Ate everyday, prepare my family’s meal daily, take Creative Writing course, go to Japan and South Korea, eat everything I want without getting fat, watch Boyz II Men and my favorite boybands live, live a simple and purposeful life and be a good example to my kids and an inspiration to other people 🙂
7. I overthink which is not healthy.
8. I am not a fan of plain chocolates, I want my chocolates with nuts and fruits.
9. I want to have a pink hello kitty laptop so I can push my “blogger picture inside a cafe” haha! I always imagine myself doing lots of product reviews and attending blog events. I am attracting these possibilities haha! Btw, in my more than a year of blogging, I only use a mobile phone 😉
10. I love life 🙂 The struggle is real everyday but I love life because I get to be with my family and my friends. I enjoy things that matter to me. I am not perfect but I always try to look at the (medyo) positive side of things (after cursing and venting out 20x to my husband, boss, friends) The future scares me but I trust that God’s plans are better than mine. For now, I want to live daily with a happy and thankful heart, in spite of not having things go my way all the time.
I nominate these bloggers:
Lothy of Skepticalmomblog
Bharath of ridiculousbharath
Juvie of Paradigmshifter
Josie of Josie’s voice
Arlene of arlene1956
Kally of middlemedotnet
Here are my 3 questions:
1. If you could choose a different name for yourself, what would it be and why?
2. Who is your role model?
3. Is there someone you hate? Why?
There’s no pressure accepting the award but if you do, have fun 🙂