Tipid tips is a topic that I am always interested in. As a mother, I look for alternatives when buying something to save money. For example, instead of spending hundreds of bucks for a dress from the mall, I go to Divisoria with my husband to look for classy yet, affordable dress and clothes. Mura, maganda, may tawad pa! *wink*
In preparing our food, I use fish instead of meat in making some dishes because it’s cheaper and healthier. Just recently, I have discovered a high-quality brand of mackerel that’s perfect for delicious and budget-friendly meals. Uni-Pak Mackerel is the newest addition to my tipid tips and I’d love to share a recipe that’s below 100php using this.
Filipinos love adobo and so I cooked Pinatuyong Mackerel Adobo.
1 big can of Uni-Pak Mackerel in Natural Oil, drained
1 clove of garlic, minced
5 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons vinegar
1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1. Arrange Uni-Pak Mackerel in a cooking pot
2. Pour-in water and soy sauce then bring to a boil
3. Put-in garlic, peppercorn, and bay leaves. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
4. Pour-in vinegar. Cover and allow to re-boil. Add sugar. Cook in low heat for 10 mins or until the liquid is gone. If you don’t like it dry, you may just wait until the liquid reduces.
5. Transfer to a serving plate and serve with love!
I got this recipe from Panlasang Pinoy. My mother-in-law liked my adobo and it’s extra special for me when she appreciates the food I prepare. Hey mama, your family can also enjoy this dish as their packed lunch at work and school.
Bakit pak na pak ang Uni-Pak Mackerel?
*Nutrients in mackerel regulates metabolism and good source of low-fat protein. It also contains Vitamins D that helps in cell growth and bone development. Aside from its health benfits, a big can of Uni-Pak Mackerel costs 55php only which makes it more sulit! Affordable na, healthy pa!
Nocturnal Mom Talks and Uni-Pak Mackerel will share the love this Christmas by giving away one pack of Uni-Pak products to one lucky winner! Just follow the easy-peasy instructions below:
1. Like and share Uni-Pak’s Facebook page (must be PUBLIC so I can validate)
2. Use these hashtags: #tatakunipak #paknapak #unipak
3. Once done, comment down your Facebook name and email address on this post
4. Winner will be chosen via random.org and will be contacted thru Facebook and email
5. Giveaway will run from December 6 until December 13. Announcment of winner on December 14.
6. Open for PH residents only
*Important Note: Unipak will send the prize to the winner
What are you waiting for? Join now and prepare something special for your family using Uni-Pak Mackerel. Di basta nakasanayan, the best na yan. Basta mackerel, dapat TATAK UNI-PAK!
*Mackerel benefits from Uni-Pak PR