Hello and welcome to Nocturnal Mom Cooks! This where I will share some of the easy dessert and meal recipes I have learned from cooking groups, Google, and my awesome friends. Let me set your expectation that I am not a kitchen goddess (haha!) but I am trying my best to make special food for my family when I have the luxury of time to do it.
Without further ado, I present my own version of Egg-less and Butter-less Chocolate Cake. This recipe is from my online mom friend, Keng. If you want to satisfy your sweet tooth, visit her Facebook page.
For the cake:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 small can evaporated milk
1/2 tetra pack Nestle All-Purpose Cream
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F for 5-10 minutes. I used our convection oven, I set it at 150°C. If you have the same type of oven as mine, the trick is to cook it longer with lesser temperature to ensure that the middle part of the cake will be fully-cooked.
2. Stir together dry cake ingredients; flour, pinch of salt, baking soda, cocoa powder, and sugar.
3. Add wet ingredients; white vinegar, vanilla extract, vegetable oil, and milk. Mix until completely combined.
4. Pour the batter in a greased pan (I used lyanera) and bake for 15-20 minutes. For convection oven users, bake it for 30-40 minutes with foil on top. Do the toothpick test. If you insert the toothpick in the center and it comes out clean, it means it’s done.
1. Heat all-purpose cream (medium heat) and as soon as you see a simmer, remove it.
2. Pour it on your choco chips and let it sit for 5 minutes. Using a wire whisk or spatula, stir it until it becomes thick.
* I used more APC that’s why my ganache is thinner.
3. For my version, I just poured it over my cake, put some choco chips and Stick-O. I read that you can also leave it overnight at room temperature while inside a covered bowl. Will try that next time.
Tada! Here’s my finished product:
Stay tuned on my blog for more easy as pie dessert and meal recipes and soon, baon for kids since back to school season is just a few weeks away.